Saturday 2 June 2012

Copics!!!!!


Today I went and took a Copic's class. I was not sure if I would enjoy it, but I went with my mum – she’s an avid drawer- and off we went.  We took it at CaFabrik – the newest local store. The timing fit me, whereas the ones offered at my usual scrap corners conflicted with my schedule <pout>.

That being said I greatly enjoyed the class. We learned techniques on how to use to colour hair, skin, shading and blending.  Then we were able to put our newly learned skills to practice by making two cards.

The 1st one that we made was this lovely rainy day card.  I am not quite sure what the name of the stamp is but it was cute.  On top of using the sketch markers we also used the pen (to make the rain drops) and the Copic acrylic (the white details in the drops and on the boots). Then for the background the coolest thing ever: airbrush.  You take your maker and you put it in this gun and pressure from a can or an air compressor turns it into a sprayer!  :O HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!! It’s like Glimmer mist but BETTERER!!!!



The second one was with a teddy bear.  I played around with the colours that she originally used- but we used a technique to make the colours look like fur with the blending ink...it is not as noticeable on mine as my bear is not as dark- but a most def cool effect.
Then learned that I can take a satin or taffeta ribbon in white and simply colour it with the marker and it will keep the colour! Way to make the ribbons match the colours used all the time! And I also used the airbrush technique on the while flower.  You can deepen the colour by how close you keep the nozzle.


All and all- an enjoyable afternoon and has made me appreciate Copic markers.  Maybe I’ll get more into them – but shhhh- don’t tell my hubby...

Kitty  

2 comments:

  1. OMG Kat,these cards are freakin adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a copic fan, but frankly, you did an amazing job Kat! I loveee the colours you used, the yellow and deep purple on the first card are stunning! You really have so many talents!!

    ReplyDelete