Sunday 6 January 2013

Oh- Hello Snow!



It’s snowing again. I know shocker- snow in Canada. But seeing that huge blanket of white stuff makes me want to stay in my PJs, make myself a warm drink and once the mini goes for his nap seek refuge in my crafts room. But, being Canadian, we packed up the mini, dog and stroller and went to the dog park. 

That's a bench. True story!



My crafts room pretty much as clean as I can make it. Now, I know the DH would disagree but he doesn’t get to hang out in there, I do. Besides- I would like to get more sorting / organizing tools but I do not think I have room for them! 

Piles can be organized right?
Is that a VRC I see?!





















I have been watching the videos of the Creative Jumpstart! What a good thing that I had given myself the challenge of not purchasing anything new and creating a dent in the scrapbooking items I already have – or else I would be off to my local crafts store every other day to buy and try new items! 

The last “new” purchase I made was modeling paste.  Dangerous. 

So the other day I felt inspired and decided to work on a small project and try out things I normally never use.  

It looks better in person- it's not baby puke. It's a monkey!

I had a Keiser Scrapbook: beyond the page made with pressed cardboard? Wood?  I’m not sure... But I decided to use one of the 6X6 panels as my background.  My paper is one piece of paper I had- We R Memory Keepers Comstock Collection: It’s a Boy. I used both sides. 

Then I placed a picture of my DS that was taken when he was a week old by the lovely 

Took my monkey stencils from Pebbles and my modeling paste. I was going to let it dry naturally, but I am impatient and used my heat gun. (not a good idea on a picture- just saying) 

Used the Close to My Heart ink in Chocolate to give it colour.  Then my Pearl Pen in Magic Transparent to give it a glossy look. 

I found a pack of Vellum with French sayings, not quite sure where I got it from and adhered it to the LO.  Now I glimmer misted the entire thing with “Bubbles”.
Then took a piece of twine I had lying so it could be hanged. Planning on giving this to my mum so she can place it in her office at work. 

I am also going to use this LO for my January challenge. We have challenged ourselves to create layouts that include the amount of pictures for the corresponding month. Example: January –one, February -2, December – 12!!!! (ooooh lala!)

Until next time happy crafting! 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment