Sunday 10 February 2013

Déjà vu?




Perhaps you will think that this is déjà vu. I see it more as – if it’s not broke, don’t fix it. 

So this weekend we celebrated my mother’s birthday. Yes- eventful times for me. And I decided, (well, I had decided a while ago when I purchased the frames) to make my mum a frame of us as well! 

This one I decided to use 3 pictures vs. the two I did with the MILs frame.

It's awesome because I'm in it




Used the cardstock from a superslab pallet I purchased something like 7 years ago. (My stash runs deep...). Then used a border punch to make a lace design where they meet- and you can hardly see it. After that I had some leftover modeling paste from Golden mixed with some copper coloured paint that I used to with a mask. 

Then I put down the pictures- the one where my DH holds DS is actually popped up with foam tape, but the picture doesn’t truly show it. Then I had few chip board pieces that I glimmer misted to add. The rest are all Prima flowers that I had lying around my crafts room. Some I misted. 

And I had two pieces of leftover ribbon that I tucked in there. 

I felt the bottom was a little bare- (and seeing this was for my mother and that it wasn’t a team effort) I decided to add the pearl scroll. Not sure where I got this one from. It was free floating in my stash of bling. 


Them of course- one cannot not give a card. Using papers from that superslab and all sorts of homeless flowers, I created this card (hooray for mists!)

CTMH stamps too

Always buy your flowers white and matching mists! But those new Prima flowers are just amazing! I wants!!!!

So – valentine’s Day is fast approaching and I will not have time to make my DH a homemade card. I blame the flood that invaded my basement and now we have open walls and dehumidifiers and fans. Fear not, my scrap room was spared, but all the items are not piled on, in and around my room.  

But I did take this amazing Mix Media class- and I cannot wait to show you what I did!
(I also have to find a spot to make a quick dirty 2 picture LO for the February challenge...) 

February is a short month as well! I better get cracking!

Happy scrapping!  



No comments:

Post a Comment