Monday 4 February 2013

Ho Ho Ho P.1



Happy Holidays! Yes, I am aware that I am a little behind on wishing you good joy and all that jazz... But this is part one of the HO HO HO section. The Divas all had a kit made up for us by an (not so partial but awesome) creative person.  The plan with this kit: make up Xmas layouts using items and colours that I do believe none of us would have picked.  And we had to use minimum one item of the kit per LO.   (And no- this is not cheating for the no purchases for the year challenge- this was planned and paid for before year’s end!) 

So I used most the items of the kits on my LOs.  I used cardstock from my own piles at times, and a few brads. 

Now since I did not host a big Xmas bash this year (thanks to the DS) I am going to make my entire Xmas LOs out of this paper. I quite enjoy it actually. 


Noel:
 
green border not in LO





DS’s first ever picture with Santa.  All items from the kit except the brown cardstock behind the picture.  I also stamped the title, and used stamps and ink on the tags and some of the wooden buttons. 



Mon 1er bas de Noel; (my first Xmas stocking):

hmmm was I drunk when I stamped this?


I had picked the layout content, flowers, and picture and was unable to find a background colour that suited my fancy. After trying many whites, crèmes, tans, grey, browns, reds, I finally tried black.  This created quite the effect.  I liked it.  I then embossed the title with close to my heart powder and stamps. All other effects: from the kit. And who says you can’t use flowers on a boy’s LO?



25-12-12:



This was done on a day where I wasn’t in the best of moods. I took on my sprays and went on a rampage: I glimmer misted the back, the wood snowflake (that I also used as a stamp) and just sprayed sprayed sprayed.  I ended up hiding the most of the “mess” behind the green dotted cardstock.  I also found these hangers in the kit- and decided to use them on a banner. Where else should I hang them from? (FYI – when deciding to fussy cut numbers for a banner make sure you’re in a Zen state of mind. Just sayin’.... )

So this ends my Part one of the Ho Ho Ho Diva challenge. (Notice that two of those had one picture? Booya! January one pic challenge met! ) 

I have a couple more that are still in progress, and I haven’t showed the Divas yet. ;)


 

Hope you were all able to enjoy the Creative Jump Start! Sad it’s ended – but if you’ve missed it do no worry. Soon they will be available to enjoy. (For a limited time however so take notes for me!)


CJS


Happy scrapping! 



No comments:

Post a Comment