Sunday 4 March 2012

Here we go!


Ahhhh! What am I doing? Have I really ventured into this blogging world? But here I am. As Shatner says”: just say yes”.  So I asked myself, as my talented friends started posting their own amusing fabulous blogs, should I?  So here I am. 

I am a long time crafter, sewing, knitting, drawing, and scrap booking. I 1st started scrapping in 2005.  Sure I would have no interest in the hobby and that really, I was going to my friends Creative Memories party only to support her.  Well look at that- I loved it.

So much, that I hosted my OWN party not long after! And this was my 1st ever scrap page:



Now, many many years have passed since my 1st discovering scrapbooking. I started by expanding my circle, realising that Creative Memories, although having simple, nice, clean, designs were not the only option out there. (To this day- I still believe they have the best albums!)

But my techniques were, how can I say this, not really expanding. Other than my cats, I did not have much to scrap.  Yes I was in a relationship (that was horrible) and I had (and have) amazing friends, but I did not feel I had the same passion as those around me.  What is making the 20th layout of my demon spawn cat, vs. watching my friends scrap their children, family and weddings? So like many out there, I felt like a scrapfailler, and not a scrapbooker.

But now I have found new joy and gusto in it.  I was in a low period of my life before meeting the most amazing man, whom I married.  And now I could understand as I prepared our engagement album to display to our beloved guests, how much more joy this could bring. 

I have been now working on my honeymoon, and have started our wedding album.  It brings me great joy.  Something that I need at the moment, as having lived through many hardships, family dramas, good stress, work stress and illness, I am at an all time low. 



My sewing machines are collecting dust; my knitting needles are asking me to finish the projects that are hanging off them.   I have my own crafts room now, somewhere quiet just for me.

I am fortunate enough that I have an amazing group of women with who I have to opportunity to learn new techniques, tools and scraplift off.



Natalie ( http://mamanhall.blogspot.com/ ) has an amazing blog that I love to read! Besides having a passion for scrapping that blows my mind, she also links the blogs that I know are must reads; therefore she does all the leg work for me! 

Nathalie ( http://thecreativecellar.blogspot.com/  ) has a talent that I cannot help but be envious of! She is also part of the team at one of my favourite scrap stores: http://www.tinascrapbooking.com/ .

Sarah (http://handwrittenmemories.blogspot.com/ ) is one of my best friends and my main scrapping partner.  She and I have spent many hours ( and too much money – shhhh don’t tell our husbands) traveling and exploring many stores. Doing this, we discovered ( w our friend Diane)  http://auntieemsscrapbookingbeading.blogspot.com/, another of my fave stores. Sarah is part of the design team as well!

So here I am writing a novel.  Do I still feel like a scrapfailer? Not anymore.  I have realised that what are in magazines and online are works of arts, and in art you cannot compare yourself to other, only to yourself. As I look at my latest layouts I created yesterday at an all day crop vs. the 1st one I ever done I realise how much I have learned and improved.  And that is all I can do.  And seeing, and loving, what I have created makes me happy.  I am hoping that I can create more and share.



What a difference a few years can make don't you think? :


2 comments:

  1. Awesome 1st entry! Love the way you think - keep on scrapping! And thanks a million for the mention :) Hope to stay as one of your faves for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool that you're blogging! I can't to see what you create next!!!

    ReplyDelete