Sunday 11 March 2012

Woohoo?


My friend Jill came over today.  We set up in the scrap room and she decided to do a layout for a frame. This is something she hasn’t done in AGES! She wants to get back into the hobby- and what a great time to restart when you can do it with friends? Armed with a Page maps (http://www.pagemaps.com/pdfsketches.htm), knowing what picture she wanted to use and my supplies she started off! Now- the base is done and embellishments need to be added- as much as the printed out picture- but hopefully when she is done she will let me post her finished product!

But while happily in my scrap room with my friend I started looking at that page again. RAWR! I was set to win this battle! I picked out a picture, almost at random this time, and just went for it.  I did so many things to this page that I had to stop myself. It was too much.  You can over accessorise Coco Channel always said. Take off the last piece you put on. Well, I was going to add bling (well, more bling) and I took it off.  I am not quite sure how I like it but this is the result:




I took the white cardstock and the black patterned paper ( Toil&Trouble by Makingmemories) and sewed it w pink thread. Originally I was going to sew the picture down with black thread, but the papers underneath where to think and bent my needle.   And apparently I did not have bigger replacements... 

So I took those papers, and set down one of the Tattered Angels Glimmer screen down (Garden Lattice) and used “Cosmo” from Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.

I also used Glimmer Mist in Dazzling Diamonds and Cosmo on white Prima flowers and the black ones are from Bazzill basics paper.

Then using brads and ribbons I picked up over time I added those to the Lay out.

All to finish on the pink cardstock the hand written title and black accents from Imaginisce and the white ones made with my Pearl Pen in Ice White.

After all that work this may not be my favourite page. But- as my friend AndrĂ©anne once said- it happens.  Time to move on.  Seeing that this is a good day and that I’m feeling ok, I may be brave enough to leave the house by myself. Ok, maybe not by myself, but with the dog and that’s almost by myself right?  


2 comments:

  1. i love it!usually when I am overthinking on a layout I "step away" from it,which is similiar to Coco's advice.I admire your determination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no expert on scrapbooking, but I think it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete