Saturday 17 March 2012

Skinny decaff caramel dolce latte

Here I am with my friend Sarah enjoying Starbucks and working on our blogs. Aren’t we trendy?

Next week I am planning on working on making my friend Val a jersey dress.  It’s for my final project for my Dressmaking and Design class. I’ve mentioned it in my earlier blogs- but I’ve been drawing up ideas and she likes them.  Designing for a fit girl who doesn’t need a bra is a dressmakers dream. Hahaha!

For the last few days I have been starting at these two pictures from my wedding.

I want to do an amazing job on them.  But again here I am with inspiration block. The “white” page is looking at me and taunting me.  That darn white page.  Scrappers block. The creativity gods are messing with me.  But I have been spending a little less time locked up in the scrap room and leaving the house.  I have been going on walks with Tinkerbell.  I find that if I decide on a whim to leave the house I don’t have enough time to get worked up and anxious about it and by the time we are out the door and down the street my brain has had the chance the realise that it’s been tricked.  However it’s still not a happy place in my world when I know I have to leave the house on my own. I’m too smart for my own good- and I mean S-M-R-T smart of course.


I’ve been noticing that I have been pinning lots of cards.  It’s something that I enjoy to do.  I just wish I could get better at it.  Here’s the last time I made a card:


It was a Valentine’s Day card I made for my husband.  (He has made me a treasure hunt throughout the house so could find more charms for my bracelet).  I used some scrap pieces of cardstock I had lying around the house to make the twirls.  Then I glued them.  Being an impatient woman without a crafts heater (I know I know, I just got one, it’s on its way) I was a little too pearl pen happy a little early.  Because my twirls loosened up and ruined my very cute “pearls” I had made as accents.  None the less my hubby like it, mostly because it contained a starwars kinect game!  

And now the waiting begins.  There is nothing worse than waiting for something you ordered to arrive – and I have placed my order with Lisa and I can’t WAIT! I got lovely embellishments that I think will look great with the look of my wedding! In case you have not noticed so far, all my pictures included in the pages are either 6X8 or 8X10.  I decided to place emphasis on one of two bigger pictures.  And it’s so hard to pick some out of the 500+ my photographer took and the hundreds more my friends took!

So here I am impatiently waiting for items, toys and inspiration.  And my decaf skinny cinnamon dolce latte is all gone. Oh noes! Woe is me. Guess that’s it for tonight. Hopefully I’ll have something a little more recent to present, including kick ass pages with those pictures and a dress! 

Kitty
 

1 comment:

  1. stop stressing yourself over the 2 pics,you'll do a great job either way,because the love that you feel for them will show.Have FUN w them!!
    as for the "tricking your brain",you do what you have to do so that it doesn't take over your life.last min things are much easier to handle than the plans that you have weeks ahead.fly by the seat of your pants girl ;)

    ReplyDelete