Thursday 12 April 2012

My 1st mini!

Diane and I went on a little road trip and visited Tina’s store. There I found a mini that instantly caught my fancy.  I was going to make one for my hubby to bring to work, instead of one wedding picture of us a few- displayed with creative flair that would make any boy hide it in his drawer instead of displaying it for all his co workers to see.  He said his females co workers thought it was really cool- but that the guys were like- hunh? Yeah... I’m ok with that. Scrapbooking is really wasted on most men, but I have long accepted that.


Then Diane and I talked about how minis are lovely little works that we are so proud of but that we always end up giving away.  This being my 1st one and giving it away as a gift I see how easy it would be to make these for others and not for ourselves.  I mean they are so cute and easy and quick- and I’m already so behind on all my other scrapbooking pages- I don’t have time to make one for me. Do I?  

But the mini I made: I did it while myself and  some of the Divas (Natalie, Sarah and Diane, who needs her blog so I can link her too,Nathalie was unable to make it ) were at Auntie Em's’s for a mini crop. (We took over the store really).

 I started by picking my pictures.

Then I glued them down and sanded then so that I would not have too many obvious edges sticking out.  Even with my scalpel and steady hand I still had little fly aways.  I took my black distress ink and inked the entire edges: the mini was made of uncoloured chipboard.

I put black cardstock on the cover and back- (to make it less girly?). I used embossing powder and stamped on the cover. Still need more practice!  But my hubby just thinks I was going for that distresses letters almost cut off look. So yes of course I did!!


 Then I added a puffed up sticker someone had given me and stuck pretty bling pins I got from Close to My Heart.  For the very top at the spine I used a folded over ribbon and added a chain in the fold and hung a charm off it.  I figured why not try it. I must admit I am not opposed to this look!


Then I added small accents to the pictures:





And at the end added a little bling.  We giggled when we realised in our giddy all day scrapping high- and you know what I’m talking about it you scrap- that it looked like a bum- or a naked guy picking up something... just sayin’!!!  I blame Diane for that!


That is my little mini. J
Now- I am getting ready for an all weekend scrapping retreat- a little reward ( and test) for myself for all this hard work and effort I’ve been putting into leaving the house.  The thought of leaving for this long seems to provoke some anxiety in me still. Yesterday I was able to see the head fixing dude, and he gave me exercises to try and help and decrease that so I can leave and enjoy myself. How can I not enjoy myself?  I’ll be spooning it up with Sarah at night, and scrapping all day!  I can do this! This should be all reward- but alas seems to be an exercise with a lovely prize at the end!! 

3 comments:

  1. i am so glad that you posted this mini!!I thought it was fab and was impressed that you were able to hold yourself back from your love of bling.So happy that he loved it.Great job for your 1st mini,and just a warning,they can be addicting!!
    I know that you can do this,and just know that we are all there for you if you need us.So proud of you xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh thanks on so many levels! <3!
      Could no make it too blingny for boys...
      See you tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful and the pictures don't do it justice!

    ReplyDelete