Friday 6 April 2012

Behind on the times


Greetings! It’s been so long since I’ve posted. So many things happened! And I had wanted to post but was always distracted by a shiny! (Like I should be doing the dishes at this moment but blog!!!! Shhhh- don’t tell my hubby)

Well, I have purchased a pattern and fabric for my dress for my final project. I’ll go over the pattern w my mum (I want to make sure I don’t miss anything- the fabric is a jersey/poly blend and I’ve never worked with that before).  Can’t wait to get it done and show you the final result! Speaking of clothes- I watched the finale of project runway all-stars. Happy with who won- that being said I LOVED that wedding dress Austin Scarlet made! Makes me want to get married again! And again! Sooo many dresses- so little money lol

I’ve also started knitting again- nothing big, just a very cute very easy tuque.  I’ll post the finished product. But at the moment I’m in the black hole of knitting. If you knit you know what I mean- for you who don’t the black hole of knitting is when you are almost done a part- knit to about 17cm- and then you are stuck at 16cm for an entire hour of knitting. It’s ridiculous. I wonder where all my rows go- because I am quite positive I can push out more than a cm in an hour...

Scrapping! Well- my friend Jill came over and she did a picture layout for a friend- their dog passed away. And then did the cutest card. She has a natural talent- as Natalie says- born to be awesome.  I’m just jealous. Wish I could be like that! That being said- when you get back into it- (from when she was a teenager) and you’re surrounded with awesome people like us! (we are so modest I know) it’s easier to see the possibilities and grow vs. the picture, sticker, journal box- next! format I started off with.

Here are the projects she did while here:


I had made a lovely little baptism card that I gave to my friend AndrĂ©anne- but apparently I forgot to take a picture. I was quite proud of it too! Aww well.  But I made another card: One for my lovely hubby’s birthday. I’ll be honest- a lot easier to make girlie cards with flowers and ribbons than one for a grown man.  It’s just a little more challenging. I’m ‘happy’ with it as it has a few 1st time methods on it.

I used embossing powder.  I had previously only used it once before when I “borrowed" Sarah's  stuff at a crop a few months ago.  So I’m learning, I just need more practice. Then I used buttons- he did like those  so I guess I did ok... folded up some cardstock to add details in orange and used the close to  my heart birthday stamps.

Here’s the finished product:



And as for my leaving the house- I went and over did it I think haha! Had a little break down but getting better. I’ve now snapped and said I don’t want to be like this anymore. A good think my pro health people say.  Next weekend will be the biggest test of them all: leaving all weekend for a crop retreat. That should be interesting. And if that goes well we are trying to get me back to work at the end of the month.  I went to my work office yesterday- by myself. Had to remind myself the entire time that I didn’t need to panic, and I was still feeling my heart racing and know fully well that I could have gone into full anxiety attack if I didn’t stop myself. This is so annoying. Not that I want to be normal- because really that’s boring- I’d rather enjoy not being held hostage by unreasonable fears. But I did it- went- and then Jenn had given me some cheese cake to enjoy once I got home as a reward. YAY! (I also needed a nap as it entirely wiped me out).



I have the lovely day I spent at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking to talk about but I’ll post that at a later date. I was actually productive that day! So I’ll have projects to show hehe!

Happy Friday! J



2 comments:

  1. yay!glad that you got the fabric for the dress,i know that you'll do an awesome job on it.can't wait to see final results.
    as for leaving the house,baby steps.not every single day :P
    retreat will be good for you and we'll have lots of fun.
    normal is over-rated!Panic attacks keep you from being bored...or so i used to tell myself--eek.proud of you *mwah*

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Jill is totally awesome!! But I see you didn't let that stop you from making an absolutely beautiful card! Wow! Great job!!!!

    I can't wait for the retreat. Unlike a crop, you have time to slip away, stay late or stay early and pace yourself. It's bliss, I tell you.

    ReplyDelete