Saturday 21 April 2012

NAVCAN retreat and other fun!


Last weekend Sarah and I packed up my car (and was it ever full) and then we drove down to meet up with crazy other women to scrap for the weekend! Not only the lovely Diane, Natalie and Nathalie, but other amazing women we befriended.

I made it in one piece and without any anxiety. YAY! Must be Sarah’s calming effect on me (yeah right).  Once there we set up and went straight to work!

The other ladies made amazing things- I ran out of steam and enjoyed the hockey game- (GO SENS GO!). I do have a few things I can present.




I used a simple cardstock – with black ribbon and bling. I know- really simple. But sometimes less is more. I like this layout even though it is quite simple.


My next 2 were all about my girls. Sarah and Jenn and Amelia (and my hubby in there too but really- we all know it’s all about the bride and the girls).  The 1st picture is rather shaky- I blame the camera and not the picture taker... Used black Cardstock- and using the same papers from Bo Bunny and Echo Park.  Using up some bling and flowers. On the second one pink cardstock- with paper accents. Made the flower with ribbon and a gluber – need more practice but I like it. The bling accents and pins are Close to my Heart, and I have also used PearlPen – in white and in silver.

This cutest picture of Sam and Amelia. I wanted to make it pretty, but not too girly since Sam was in there.  So I added the polka dots, with a tiny flirt of the ribbon. And added the black flowers to touch the little cuteness of the tux.
I also made the flower at the top left corner- and added some bling in the middle. In the transport in the album from NAVCAN to home caused the flower to become squished. The only problems with lovely 3D accents- they are easily damaged.
I did make more flowers when I was away but have not finished the layout they belong on.
I have sanded the edges of all my pictures in this album- as opposed to use a matting them with cardstock.  I enjoy the look it gives them.
Now that being said- I am running out of ideas of what to do with black, white and pink. I changed back to my honeymoon where I can use all sorts of colours, and accents.  As much as I love my wedding pictures, I need a bit of a break. I have made one page layout last weekend, and I’m looking forward to showing you more!
Till next time happy scrapping and GO SENS GO!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the hand made flowers - awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't care if the 1st one is simple,I still love it.not every page has to take hrs and loads of energy to be beautiful.
    if you didn't tell me that you were running out of ideas,i wouldn't know from the other pages here,they still look fresh and the title of the one of Sam and Amelia,speaks for itself.

    ReplyDelete